Owner Driver Practice Days
Owner Driver practice/testing days:
Our owner driver practice and testing days are generally available every Wednesday and Friday, most Sundays and the Saturday before the 3rd Sunday of the month. All dates are published in the Practice Diary. It is advisable to ring to confirm before travelling as practice days occasionally have to be changed for other circuit activities, but no pre-booking is required.
Practice days are designed for competitors to get ready for their next race. However, drivers who do not hold an Motorsport UK licence or compete are still welcome provided that they are competent kart drivers, that they have their own appropriate safety wear (racesuit, crash helmet and gloves as a minimum) and that they have attended a short circuit safety briefing on their initial visit to the circuit.
Whilst the minimum requirement for a general practice day is a Cadet, aged over 7 years 9 months, Bambino's aged 6+ years are welcome to the Sunday practice days. Please click Practice Diary for all confirmed dates.
IMPORTANT: Drivers must conform to Motorsport UK class age restrictions: Bambino 6-8 years Cadet 7yrs 9mths+ Juniors 11+ Seniors 16+. All drivers must be familiar with the circuit rules and flag signals used. All karts must conform in all respects to current Motorsport UK/ABkC regulations.
Kart Types Allowed:
- all 4 stroke karts including Honda Cadet, Junior Subaru, Pro Karts, TKM 4S.
- most modern 2 stroke engine karts including IAME, Cadets, all TAG Rotax classes, Easykarts X30 and BT82 engined classes
- older Direct Drive Engined Karts (push-start) are NOT permitted
Cost full day:
- Full Day £55 per kart. (Apply for our Loyalty Card for non BMKR Club members. Pay for 8 full day sessions, get one FREE).
- Bayford Meadows Kart Racing (BMKR) Club Members £50 per kart
- 1pm - 4pm at £35 per kart
- 2pm - 4pm at £25 per kart
Normal Practice Times (ALL CLASSES EXCEPT BAMBINOS):
- Wednesdays + Fridays 10am - 4pm
- Unless otherwise published, may include a lunch break
Sundays (INCLUDING BAMBINOS):
- 9am - 4pm with a lunch break from 12 - 1pm
All sessions are marshalled by trained staff. Maximum 2 drivers per kart. Additional drivers charged at £20 per driver thereafter.